Sunday, August 26, 2007

Ficus Fiasco

Last winter all the ficus trees in the valley froze. Hence, much of my Saturday morning was spent doing tightrope across our cinder block wall and scaling the overgrown ficus tree to prune the dead limbs. Some of the maneuvers required all of my climbing skills: feet spread across two weak limbs, hanging from my fingertips, carrying a saw with the other. . . . Actually, the tricky part was trying to catch the branches as they fell and swing them over onto our side of the wall without losing my center. (It wasn't as easy as I just made it sound).

The rest of the day I spent breaking the branches down into manageable piles. . . . I'll let the photo speak for itself.

After a long week of reading cases, I know that my weekend will offer limitless house projects to keep me sane. Love Saturdays.

2 comments:

ty. said...

way to go am. dyno the wall and trees keeps the books from overpowering. its really fun to see the progress on the house. how you handling the AZ heat? hope school is going well man.

Anonymous said...

Amm Glad you didn't need to ask family support on that one. My climbing skills usually leaves me in the ER