Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Fat Lady Vent...

Pregnancy isn't all flowers and bubbles. I'm constantly irritated, constantly hungry, constantly antsy to find the nearest bathroom, and constantly trying to find time to sleep. Am and I have finally seen the first trimester chaos in action... from waking up 4 times in the middle of the night to eat, pee, and hover over the toilet to crying for no apparent reason and making rude/smart remarks back without being able to hold my tongue... or even wanting to. The only thing that keeps me from crying when I attempt to zip up my pants in the morning (only to be held together with a rubber band) is the thought that maybe... just maybe... the lovely lil slug growing will appreciate all my effort one day. Maybe lil slug will love me and turn out just the way we planned. We all know that doesn't always happen, but here's to the bright side of my irritated side! To the future! Cheers!

2 comments:

Am said...

if it's any consolation... i still find you as sexy and sweet as ever. And i think you've successfully channeled your frustration into brilliant prose. well written.

love you forever--through roundness, thinness, hormonal imbalances and all. Still my lil bles!

Jessica said...

JES!!! Congratulations! I found your blog on Alli's - I was so happy to find you! Good luck with the pregnancy - hopefully the 2nd trimester will be a million times better - it definitely was for me! Keep in touch!