Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Introducing Emma Barker




















Beautiful girl. She exited the womb without a whimper. Once she breached, the doctor asked Jes to pull her out--how insane is that? Little Emma-bean just came out, yawned a bit, looked around, and took the whole thing in stride. That's my girl. Stats: 8 lbs. 13 oz., 20.25 in. long, 13.5 in. head, 13.5 in. chest. I'm glad she came early--that's a big girl.

Other players:




















The woman of the hour. This photo was taken just an hour before the pushing and the pain. Jes was composed and collected--knew what she needed to do--and still managed to look amazingly hot.




















I had only a minor role. Mostly just offered a hand to Jes. However, I did cut the umbilical without inflicting any serious bodily harm. All in all, craziest coolest experience of my life. The title of the foregoing pic: Instant Love.












































My two beautiful girls. Victorious. Sublime. Lovely. Perfect. So many words.




















Emma in the incubator. She was so calm after all the commotion. I think we woke her up--she kept giving us a scowl like we'd completely inconvenienced her. Already so entitled.




































Grandma Brown holding Emma. Look at all that copper hair. She definitely has that red glow. All the nurses l-o-v-e-d it. The birthing nurse told us that red hair is so rare (it's recessive) that by the year 2000-something, there will be no more red heads. We'll see if Emma keeps her color.




















Day 2. Emma in her crib in her first princess outfit. Hopefully her hair color doesn't clash with all the thousand pink outfits she has. That would be incredibly ironic.

Comparing baby pics:

























Here's Jes as an infant. See the resemblance? Jes and Emma have the same pouty mouth and chin.



















Me. I also rocked the red back in the day. No longer.




















Emma-bean-bean in her hospital glamour shot. This pic really accentuates the red hair. Her hair has since turned more auburn but still beautiful.
Happy Birthday Emma! You are a star. More pics to come.

19 comments:

ty. said...

she is SO cute! ty and i can hardly wait to hold her...well i can't wait to hold her and ty thinks she is super cute too. :) see you guys soon!

rach said...

WOW CONGRATS THAT IS SO AMAZING WHAT A GORGINIA LITTLE GIRL BOTH OF THEM JES YOU LOOKED GREAT AND AMMON ITS FUN TO SEE YOU AS A DADDY! THAT IS SO AWESOME YOU GUYS!

Cody and Britt said...

Congrats you guys!!! She is adorable!! I can't wait to meet her :)

Laura said...

Congrats you two! She is beautiful!

joelle said...

ah I love her! Ammon you do such a good job at posting! I am so happy for you two.

pdcardon said...

Congrats! She is a beautiful little girl. I can't believe those stats! I can't wait to see Ammon at school after sleepless nights. Hopefully that will be over with before August.

Thanks for the update.

It's Been a Day! said...

congrats to you both!! She's beautiful. I love big babies. They eat better and sleep better. At least that was the case with my Avery.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Jes, she is so beautiful. Congrats to you both, and I hope you have a speedy recovery! How lucky to get an early baby!

Jess said...

This is your cousin Jessica. Congratulations!!!! She is so beautiful! I love the hair!I agree with Paige, I also love big babies and it's a good thing because that is what we have at our house. :) Ammon, I bet your parents are so anxious to see her.

AndersenFamily said...

I am so glad I found your blog from Rachel's. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, parenthood is amazing!
Suz

AlliSMiles said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you both! I can't wait to meet that sweet thing. And I can't believe that we got married on the same day and you have a baby! Craziness. Hope to see you soon! Miss you.

Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! She is just beautiful! Looks like everything went smoothly! Good luck and I can't wait to see more pictures!!

Megs said...

Congrats. She is beautiful. I am so happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo thrilled with the pics. You all make such a cute family and I can't wait to come down and hold Emma! What a great looking lady! Love you!

marta said...

what an adorable li'l family you have.. i stumbled into your li'l land here and see you just had a baby girl and in law school too. wow.. so exciting. enjoy the first moments!

ashley marie said...

JES!

I found your blog on your fb, what a cute little girl!! I'm so excited for you :)

Boston's hair had some of a red tint when he was born and I think he still does at times. But Joe actually has red hair, so it makes a little sense.

Where did you get her bedding? It's totally cute, I must know!!

CONGRATS!!

Ashley
my blog is JAHOLLOWAY.blogspot.com

Jana B. said...

OH MAN!!! it is sooo exciting to see the two of you as parents. am, this is a masterpiece - emma and all her glory! i loved the subtitles and felt at ease knowing emma came to two very savvy and fun parents who are going to just let her soar. what a rockin' girl. am, the one with you and em is so dang cute. i did my little japanese anime face.

The Woods said...

I'm lovin' these pictures. So cute. Jes - we finally made a blog, too. Check it out if you ever get a spare second in your busy day!

welcometothewoodsfamily.blogspot.com

Sarah and Scott said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!