Monday, August 9, 2010

500 days of summer

Sorry this is so late...Ammon had the computer the entire month of July. I'm just now getting my to-do list done! :)

Flagstaff is quite an adventure. Here are some skunks that took up refuge in our apartment complex. Still stinks around there!

Emma eating "Gung Ice" or Ice cream as we like to call it.

While Ammon was studying for the Bar Exam, Emma and I took off with my dad on a very fun road trip! Emma wasn't too bad, surprisingly! We went to Logan, Utah for a family reunion and my cousin's wedding, Park City for the 4th of July, and Las Vegas for Madi's dance competition. Here are some pics of all the fun along the way...

My mom's parents' graves in Preston, Idaho

Meeting her great-grandparents

Fearless Emma petting a pregnant pony. I was completely scared out of my mind. Thanks Taylor for letting it all happen, and thanks Krista for capturing the moment. :)

Petting my cousin's bunnies...and by petting I mean torturing :) Sorry Lindsey!

Thanks Krista for the adorable pic!

Emma's first sparkler experience! She was a little nervous :)

Playing with 2nd cousin Mackley!!

Baby Zuri the elephant at the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake

Riding the Carousel at the zoo with Grampa Truck!

Riding the train at the zoo

Emma's "Junior Zoo Keeper" hat...could she be any cuter?

Riding the rides at Lagoon!!

Notice how straight her hair is? Utah is clearly drier than anywhere we've been! I've never seen it that straight!!

This is one of those go straight up and fall straight down rides. I screamed more than Emma did. She just kept saying "tickle tummy...tickle tummy". Ha ha ha... she LOVED Lagoon!!

Emma loves hanging out with Grampa Truck!

Going shopping with Mads, Ali, and Mom in Las Vegas! Mads and I actually look alike in this picture!! Emma was distracted because we were in a shuttle/train-looking thing.

She wanted to get close to this guy, but was clearly freaked out! HA HA HA

So Emma randomly goes in her room, takes off all her clothes, and puts on her Ariel underwear. No, she's definitely not potty-trained. She just likes the idea of stylin "biders" or diapers! :)

This is her "happy face".


Emma takes after her mom. She loves counting much more than speaking in complete sentences or saying her ABCs. Maybe because that's what I focus on? :)



Emma's favorite place to play...usually this is done practically naked, of course!


Emma and her Gung Ice.

4 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Cute pics! How was the bar?? I'd love to hear. We'll be there in a year!

Dad said...

Jes Nice layout of the website. I really like the feature picture of emma.... and the ones of you on the rides. reminds me of Dumbo in Tokyo. Dad

mom said...

so fun to see the pics....i never did see the hogle zoo and lagoon pics before. thanks for the post. i love the new site as well.

ty. said...

Awesome pics! I love the post. It's crazy how big Emma is! I love gung ice too! Miss you, Ty