Friday, April 1, 2011

Mama Mia, Papa Pia...

I'm horrible at secrets...I'll be the first one to admit that. :)

Ammon and I are celebrating our 5th Anniversary at the end of the month. He's done a fabulous job of keeping everything a secret from me. However, he slipped up just once, and I took full advantage. He sent my present to the house under my name and did not tell me not to open it. Although I had no idea that the box on my doorstep was a present, I still couldn't bare to wait!  After calling Ammon twice and getting voicemail both times, I figured I should just go ahead and open it. :)

Ammon bought me a pasta maker!!! It was the exact one I wanted!! To top things off, my dad made the amazing drying rack you see below. Now, with only 1 egg and less than 1 cup of flour, I can make a 1/2 lb of the best tasting homemade spaghetti. You can also make tons of other types of pasta, and ravioli if you get an extra attachment!  From now on, I'm planning to make several batches at a time, drying them, and storing them. Perfezione!









So, obviously I didn't make enough for everyone to be full.  I didn't want to use a ton of ingredients in case I screwed everything up.  :)  It turned out awesome!  So easy and soooo yummy!!  Even Ammon likes it better!  :)

Thanks again, Love!  Can't wait to see what else you have planned the rest of the month!  Hopefully I'll be better at letting you keep the secret.  :)

5 comments:

Rob and Alexa said...

Awesome! Cute pictures. I think I might need one now.

Dad said...

Great story dear. So they put hardener in store spaghetti so you have to put it in water to cook and soften it.. This way sounds much smarter..

Liz said...

Not bad, Am. Not bad.

Jana B. said...

Aghhh! I want one! That is so awesome! Look at you and your skills!

Brie and Jeff said...

So awesome!