Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Redemption

So I teach 3 dance classes here in Flagstaff.  It's super low-key.  All 20 of my students are from my ward, I do it out of a couple people's unfinished basements, they put together their own costumes, and our dance shows are in a school's gym.

I refused to let Emma come to my class when I did one in the Spring.  Who can teach their own child?  Not me! But after they had their show, Emma was in tears that she didn't get to do it.  SO...I let her be in the youngest class during the Summer session.

To say that Emma was completely uncooperative during class is a gross understatement.  When we practiced the dance, she would roll her eyes at me, sit there, try to talk to me, or try to get the other girls to not do the dance.  Therefore, I was very reluctant to let her up on the stage.  I didn't want her ruining what the other girls had worked so hard for.  I was stressed all day today trying to figure out if I should let her do it or not.

While at the grocery store today buying all my students flowers, Emma sees a Minnie balloon that she HAD to have.  (Side note: her dance was to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song "Hot Dog Dance".  You would probably only know it if you have a toddler.)  I laughed because at her last recital, she couldn't care less about flowers either, but wanted a princess balloon.  Apparently this is our thing now: balloons for recitals. So, I told Emma that I would give her the Minnie balloon after the show IF she followed what I did.

I'll let the video explain what happened...



...who is this kid???

P.S...I made the Minnie Ears.  Yes, I am bragging, but are they not the cutest??   :)

I might be in the middle of saying something?  hahaha idk, but I had to post this because Emma is too cute!


Trying to grow out my bangs...what do you think?

There's my little Minnie Mouse in all her glory!  She was SO proud of herself! The only thing she cried about this time was that she didn't get to do the other 2 classes' dances too.  :)

8 comments:

Sister Brown said...

Soooo cute! and I'm sooo proud of her and you, Jes. you are a born teacher!

Becki said...

amazing! that is pretty awesome! she looks so cute!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

The Minnie ears are SO cute...and I love your hair also :)

BROWNS. said...

omgsh jes! Emma rocked that! she is so stinking adorable! wish we were closer so I could throw melly in the mix! Love you!

Unknown said...

That is one amazing dancer!! I wouldn't dare try to teach Elle...she's been going to "ballet" for a while now and still doesn't listen sometimes lol. Can't wait til the next recital!!

The Bergeson Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! The minnie ears are totally adorable along with everything else! Emma is so cute! I totally relate to the rolling eyes and non cooperation! Adorable!

Jen said...

SO cute! we need to come do a Flagstaff visit soon. I'll call you cause we're dying to get out of this heat and we still haven't seen your stomping grounds!

Jana B. said...

that is so cute! I loved the dance! Emma looks so darling!