Monday, September 17, 2007

Insomnia

Dear Void,

Today, in the middle of Billy Corgan's howling, I found myself in reverie.
Do you ever feel like two personalities are ripping your mind apart? It feels like I'm always in transition: I study the law but all I can think about is landscaping the backyard and reading novels, I bash on consumerism but I love the convenience, I crave my independence but I can't go a day without seeing Jes, I love the indie rock but there's so many good hooks in the mainstream, I love the mountains but I gotta have the urban lifestyle, I'm tired but I can't sleep (like right now), I hate routines but I expect everyone else to live by the clock.... I am Jack's complete lack of reconciliation. The progressive-traditionalist, the passive-activist, the concise-eclectic....

Sincerely cynical, Ammon

p.s.... do you know why law appeals to me? Because there's no right or wrong answers.

2 comments:

ty. said...

Dude! I can totally relate man. And, if i knew how to read books, I too would probably enjoy law school. I get really bugged when people are so one sided. Its as though their minds only function on a one way track. So confining and limited. I am in full support of choosing the lifestyle that fits best for one's self. If that includes conflicting "teams," so be it. And when someone asks you to show them which flag you wave, hold them all up.

AlliSMiles said...

they teach us to be skeptical of everything. all of the sudden there is no "black and white" and everything we study is gray...so it makes the rest of the world gray.