Sunday, September 7, 2008

a lil landscape and a whole lotta emma

Landscaping update. The grass finally grew in. You can see the bougainvillea exploding up the wall. And the three fruit trees: Arizona Sweet Orange, Tangelo, and Lime. Desert Bird in the foreground. The garden next to the house has some lingering Basil, Peppers, a newly planted Yellow Bells, some Vincas, and now a fist-sized cantaloupe.


Looking forward to some Tangelo this February.






















Photo shoot with Mommy last Sunday. She's just starting to find her stomach muscles, so I'll prop her up and then right when I try to take the picture, she flies forward!

Little princess! Looking down upon her subjects and pronouncing judgment with her imaginary wand.





















Did I mention that I have chubby cheeks?






















"Someone help. I can't stop falling forward!"






















Hmmm.... blanket in the mouth. The look, the taste, of cotton.





















Cutest heavyweight champion of the world. About to box it out with an imaginary opponent. Look at those fists, that form. KO.




















Emma was talking up a storm until, of course, we get the camera out. Oh well... she makes a few noises on camera. Still waiting for when she's not camera shy. :) Oh yeah... and did I mention that we don't like lights at our house? We're so used to it that it's not until I post this video that I realize how dark it is! :)

4 comments:

AlliSMiles said...

how fun! i love that your baby is making you a more consistent blogger! the yard looks amazing.

Dad said...

a guy after my own heart... first things first landscape pictures, followed by family shots.....

joelle said...

you've GOT to be kidding me that Ammon likes Obama! I am so sorry...I don't know how you handle it! haha :) really though-strictly out of curiosity, what is the ONE thing that he likes about Obama. just one thing? I am curious.
p.s. I LOVE your yard! Mike and I are going to be needing some tips here soon!

Jen said...

oh to have grass in the backyard! can we come have a picnic in your backyard when the weather cools down? ;)