Wednesday, February 18, 2009

i'm so proud!


so my mom had 3 years of college at Utah State (majoring in music therapy) under her belt before she got married and dropped out to support my dad through school. she has always told me that she regretted not finishing, but it wasn't something that was really pushed in her day. i wasn't a big fan of college, but wanted to finish to make my mom proud. now she has made me proud by deciding to go back to school to finish. she can't continue her music therapy degree because you obviously have to physically be in class to show the teacher how well you can play the piano, and the 6-month internship the last semester, was not what my mom had in mind. after doing months of research for her to cater to what she wanted, we finally found the perfect option. we've been waiting for several weeks to hear back about her application. we finally got the letter that she's been accepted! hurray!! just like that my mom is a college student again. we're hoping that she gets her bachelor's in a few years so she can substitute teach in music at schools, and so that she can finally fulfill a goal of hers!

congrats mom! i can't wait to see you walk at graduation! :)

love you!

6 comments:

Adam and Tara said...

Jes! Adam and I are living up in Logan while Adam finishes at Utah State. If your mom needs anything or info on who to talk to, have her call me. Even if she wants to come up to visit, I'd love to see her! :)

Dad said...

looks like late night study and microwave pizzas for a couple of years :) Dad

Sister Brown said...

thanks jes for all your hard work and time getting me accepted. you definitely surprised me by doing it and i hope to make you proud. microwave pizza is not anything new with madi's schedule. :)

Melanie said...

Hi, I'm an old friend of Ammon's from the home ward. Your little Emma is sooo cute! I laughed out loud when I saw her "angry elf" picture! And that crawling...what an accomplishment. Check out our blog daveandmelaniephillips.blogspot.com
Enjoy your warm weather.
Melanie (spongberg) Phillips

Dad said...

What No Grilling photos of Amm?

Dad said...

Still awaiting the posting of the Ammon Glill pictures... dad