Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So big!

Emma picks up all my bad habits.  One of which is being bossy.  She's mastered that.  The other is using my words against me.

Emma:  "I want a wah-pop" (otter pop/popcicle)
Me:  "Sorry, Emma, you have to eat your enchiladas first."
Emma:  "That's not an option.  I eat a wah-pop."

Emma:  "Mom...Mom...Jesica!"
Me:  "Emma, I'm on the phone.  What do you need?"
Emma:  "Focus, Mom.  I need chocolate milk.  Be a good listener."  (aka: do what I want right now)

Because of Emma's new-found grown-up talk, we've let her have a little more freedom.  Up until now, I have never let her be outside unless I'm outside.  However, there is a cute 3-year-old girl across the street that Emma always plays with.  I really needed to make dinner, and Emma was adamant about playing with her friend.  So we compromised.  I sat Emma down in a spot where I could see her out my kitchen window.  I told her she couldn't move from that spot until I was done making dinner.  Surprisingly, she listened.  She and her friend colored with chalk and drew each other pictures.  I was so proud of both of us.  Me, for giving her more freedom, and her for being responsible.  Can you believe Emma will be 3 in a week?  She's gotten so big!

This was the view from my window...so cute!!

4 comments:

Rob and Alexa said...

You go mama! She is getting so big. I'm not looking forward to Caleb using my words against me. Could be scary. :)

joelle said...

wow she is so big! what a cutie. can't believe she is almost 3 either!

Becki said...

haha, i laughed outloud at her responses. she is a hoot. and a handful i'm sure. but SO cute!

The Bergeson Family said...

I LOVE the adult talk! What a big kiddo! I just wish Britta could be more responsible!!! :-)